Sunday 27 March 2011

March 27/11

Today was a good day :)

A lady came into the shop today.. her name is Hazel and she has been getting tattooed and pierced by us for years.  She is one of the most unique wonderful ladies I have ever met.  Whenever she would come into the shop it would make me smile.

She wanted me to re pierce her navel, since she had had a tummy tuck.  We determined that it wasn't too tight so we were able to do it.  She told me that a few years ago she had the gastric banding done.. and that's why she had the panni done.  I told her that I was having the bypass done in a few months... and she told me that after the band didn't work for her (it made her sick alot) that she had it reversed and went on to have the gastric bypass.  It ends up that she had hers done at the same hospital, and dealt with the same doctor during recovery that I am having do my surgery.  

It was SO nice to talk to someone who has gone through the same thing... who knows what I'm talking about when I mention the pouch and B12 strips lol  She had such a good experience, and had great things to say about her surgery and the hospital... its really uplifting to hear.  Now that I am two weeks away from getting my date... I am starting to get nervous and even questioning my decision a little bit.. so to hear Hazels experience... that just reaffirmed my decision...

We exchanged emails and phone numbers, and she told me that she will be my bypass buddy lol...  

So she came in for a piercing.. and I got a new friend in return :)




No comments:

Post a Comment