Wednesday 27 July 2011

July 27/11 - 6 weeks out!

So I am about 6 weeks since surgery and Im finally starting to feel back to normal.. or should I say like the new me!  Up until now I hadn't really noticed much change.. but the last few days my pants have been falling off and my shirts are super loose! 
I have lost 45 pounds since I started Optifast.. so in two months... I have been trying to loose that for years lol... I already have more energy.. I cant wait to see how losing another 45 pounds will make me feel!
And real food!  How Ive missed you!  And how I appreciate every bite now!  The first few meals that I measured out made me sad.. looking at my plate with hardly anything on it... thinking to myself that there is no way this will fill me up.. but honestly I hardly ever finish my meals!  I get soo full so fast so I try to make every bite count.  Filling up on my protein first and my veggies... and meal plannings not as hard as I thought it would be.. especially when you can get four meals out of  a piece of chicken lol
Im trying so hard to remember all of my vitamins... Ive set reminders on my phone.. I do forget the odd one here and there.. but there are just so many!  I know how important they are though so I will keep going.
I went to my very first OH support group meeting.. although I actually missed the meeting part and got there just in time for coffee!  It was really great to meet people and put faces to names... I also got to meet 3 of the ladies that I am going to New York with in October for the OH Sex in the City event... here's a "before pic" of the four of us.. cant wait to take another picture in October!

I recently started Zumba for Wii at home.. OMG is it ever hard lol.. maybe its just because I have no rhythm but I'm finding it so hard to keep up even with the instructional parts!  I thought I should try to learn the steps though before signing up for a real class and embarrassing myself! 
It hasn't been the easiest road.. but I'm glad I started this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment