Tuesday 6 March 2012

March 6/12 - CBPSO

I received a phone call this morning that totally made my whole day!  One of the ladies from my support group Patrina, asked me if I would like to be on the board for the CBPSO, which is the the Community of Bariatric Patients of Southern Ontario.  They are putting on the Second Annual Southern Ontario Meet & Greet this October in Sarnia and I am so excited to be part of the planning!!!   It really does feel great to be a part of something, especially something that is so important to me!
I am so excited to get started helping in anyway I can, and super excited to meet up with the ladies in a few weeks in London, where I will also get to spend a bit of time with my sister, brother-in-law and nephew!


The other exciting news is that I signed up for the EasterSeals 10K Run/Walkathon on May 27th.  I registered as Team Dollface and Im hoping to get a bunch of friends to walk with me.  




Its for a great cause.. to help children with physical disabilities and its a great work out!  I'm hoping it will also keep me motivated to work out and train for the event.. even though I am more active now than I have been in years.. its been a LONG TIME since I have walked 10K!!!  I'm even hoping to jog a bit of it... but that's where the training will come in!  Anyone who would like to walk with me, or pledge our team.. send me an email: kaylaewan@gmail.com  The more the merrier!!!


I also wanted to mention that my crocheting is coming along nicely!  Im just about done a wonderful scarf that matches my jacket (now that winter is almost over lol)




Tomorrow I am going to tackle the granny square!!!  It really does take my mind off food, and it keeps my hands busy!  I was at Michaels the other day and went a little yarn crazy, so I have lots of projects in my near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment