Thursday 13 June 2013

June 14 - Two Year Surgiversary!!!!!




Today marks two years since I had my Gastric Bypass surgery. It has literally changed my life. I went from a 360 pound woman who could barely walk up a flight of stairs, somone who avoided booths at resturants becasue I wouldnt fit, who wouldnt sit on the floor, not only because I wouldn't be able to get back up but because I couldnt even figure how to get down! Someone who had trouble getting in and out of bed, who took a taxi to work everyday when it takes me 5 minutes to walk there - yes I was that lazy. Someone who missed out on all the fun stuff with my kids because I was too afraid of getting tired. I hated what I looked like because I ate so much and I ate so much because if what I looked like. Someone who had no self esteem.




In the past two years I have watched my weight go down and my self esteem go up. I have done things I never would have even fathomed doing before. I completed a 5km, 10km and a half marathon. One of the proudest moments of my life that I was able to share with my sister Kristy.I took my daughter to a theme park and was able to fit on all of the rides. I joined a gym and stuck with it, seeing a trainer multiple times a week. Accomplishing things that the week before I wasnt able to do.


Little things like jumping out of bed in the mornings,  crossing my legs, going shopping and being able to fit in just about everything I tried on. Liking what I saw when people took pictures of me, wearing a baithing suit and not caring what people thought.

There have been complications along the way, sacrifices that had to be made. Lots of tears and frustrations.... But would I do it over? Absolutely.  Some people out there believe that having surgery is the easy way out and that we dont lose weight the right way. HA! This was the hardest thing I have ever done. From the day I decided to have it done until today, two years later. Everyday I have to work at it, physically, mentally and emotionally.

I am so thankful for my husband and children who have put up with me and encouraged me everyday. Thank you for putting up with my whinning and complaining when i ate something I shouldn't and felt sick, and for understanding and giving me the time I needed at the gym to better myself!!!! And for all of my family, friends, co workers and online support who keep me accountable and love me no matter what.I have gone from 360 pounds at my highest, to 334 pounds at the time of surgery to 182 pounds as of today. I have lost 178 pounds in just over 2 years. Almost HALF of me!!!!!!!!  




I have my life back. Gastric bypass is a gift and I will be forever thankful for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment