Tuesday 24 May 2011

May 24/11 - Day one of Optifast

So last night I had to break up a 30 year old relationship .. with food.. 

As one person put it.. it was more of a divorce... and in the words of a wise woman...

"That food was an a**hole anyway, and you re better off without it" lol

This morning I tried my first optifast.  My daughter told me to try the chocolate.  The kids were super curious about it!  I did add an extra 100ml of cold water... I didn't want it very thick.... I let both kids try a sip and they liked it... said it tasted like chocolate milk lol  

I thought it tasted a bit like Slimfast.  I really am glad I have my blender.. and even picked up a extra one to keep at work.  Im looking forward to trying all the different flavors!





I was sitting with the kids while they were having breakfast and my daughter said they would have soup for dinner and I can have my broth... my son said he didn't want soup.. and my daughter said, "Ewan, we have to be supportive to Mom"  soo cute!  I told them thank you.. but they still have to eat lol

Although I don't think I'm going to love these next few weeks...
I definitely think I can get through it.. and I know why I'm doing it...

My daughter (who's only 10 by the way)
after I made a face taking my last sip...
asked me "Is it worth it?" 
And I asked her "what do you think?" 
She said yes.

And then she went on to remind me that I will be able to ride bikes and go on the trampoline with her when I'm skinny.

I will never make that face again.

No comments:

Post a Comment