Thursday 2 February 2012

Feb 2/12 - losing in all the wrong places!

I bought a new bra yesterday. Size 34C. 

This whole weight loss journey has been about getting smaller and losing inches... But to be able to fit into a 34C hurts my heart.  

I didn't have much in the breast area growing up... Even as a teenager I was lucky if I was a B Cup. I didn't start to develop until I started having kids. The more kids I had, the more weight I put on... The bigger my breasts would get. 

Before surgery I was a 40F.  I guess I felt like it was my best feature. Now I am a VERY deflated 34C.  It makes me real sad. I can deal with the saggy skin pretty much everywhere else but I hate my breasts. 

I guess I'm having a bad day. After being in so much pain with my gallbladder  ... By the way the clinic was closed yesterday so I have to go back today at 5.... And then shopping for smaller bras... And then watching the show called "My 600 Pound Life" I guess I've put myself in a bit of a funk :(

That show is really good. Ive only seen one episode but they followed a lady named Melissa for 7 years through her Gastric Bypass Journey ... Her starting weight was around 650 pounds and she got down to around 157... An then back up to 214 by the end.  They showed her going through surgery, and then through skin removal... Depression... Complications... Losing a baby... Having a cheating husband...

So much for one person to go through... Yet she did it. Amazing. Definitely an inspiration. And after watching what she had to go through... My self image issues seem pretty stupid in comparison!!!!

I have so much to be thankful for ... I really shouldn't waste time on the       "woe is me" crap!  

Annnddd..... I'm done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment