Monday 24 October 2011

Oct 23/11 - OH EVENT IN NEW YORK!


So we just got back from the OH Sex in the City event in New York and I cant even begin to tell you how much fun it was! I was able to meet so many awesome people. Everyone had a story to tell and it was so uplifting to hear them. To see where people have come from and what they look like now? Amazing.
It was wonderful to be surrounded by people who have been through exactly what I am going through and be able to tell me their outcomes. I made some new friends from all over the country.. The seminars were great..They had a lot of speakers there.. including Chef Dave, Connie Stapleton, Colleen Cook, Yvonne McCarthy.. just to name a few.
I wish I could have gone to more, but there was just too much to do.. (and I couldn't leave New York without going to Manhattan!
The vendors were awesome.. I got to meet a great lady, named Beth Ism. She has an amazing blog that you can read at: www.meltingmama.net She also runs the Bariatric Bad Girls Club that is just awesome! At the convention she and her husband manned the Slimpressions table. Slimpressions are probably the most wonderful invention in the whole world! They are undergarments that suck everything in and camoflauge the bat wings!!!! I am in love with them! There were lots of free samples.. Vitamins, protein drinks and bars.. all sorts of stuff! And I love free stuff!
We had a Costume party which was a blast! It was fun to be there with my sister and online friends.. we looked fabulous!And of course we spent a day in Manhattan, an experience I will never forget! Not only did I get to go to Tiffanys (and actually buy something), but we went for a horse drawn carriage ride through Central Park and we went to see Ground Zero....
The only thing that put a bit of a damper on our day was when our train tragically hit someone on the way home. I still cant believe it happened!
The last night we were there they put on a Fashion Show with all of the before and after pictures, even my sister and one of our friends were in it! So amazing to see all the transformations! It was really fun to get all dressed up too.. Kind of like a prom and I felt really pretty for the first time in a long time.
Our friend is a photographer and did a bit of a photo shoot with us, a great self esteem booster!!!! It was an amazing weekend ... even with the 10+ hour drive there and back! I made some great friends and I will never forget it! Plus I lost 5 more pounds! Yay down 80pounds now!

No comments:

Post a Comment