Wednesday 12 October 2011

Oct 12/11 - 8 more days!!!!

I'm going to New York in 8 days!  I'm soo excited!  Ive never been on a road trip with just the girls.. and Ive never been to New York so its even more exciting!  So many wonderful things happening for me in my 30th year!  Getting married, having my surgery, losing almost 75 pounds.. and now going to New York...  Good things do come to those who wait!

I have to say one of my favorite things about my RNY is the fact that I have so much energy.  I love walking now.  I walk every morning on my treadmill.. I walk to work and back.. the kids and I went for an early morning walk yesterday morning before school.. its so beautiful out with the leave changing and the cool weather!  LOVE IT !!!!  lol

Last weekend my husband and I took a picnic to Fairy Lake with our puppy Pedro and went for a walk along the paths.  It was so nice and I cant get over the fact that I would never have done that even 6 months ago.  I cant believe how many things have changed for the better since doing this.

Thanksgiving was my first big holiday since having my surgery.  Thankfully I was working most of the weekend so I missed the big Turkey days.. I'm not sure if I would have been ready to handle that yet .. let alone face all my family have have them watch me eat lol... I did go for dinner with the in laws and ended up bringing home 3/4 of my dinner!  Hopefully things will be easier by Christmas!

I still have good days and bad days... and yes there are days when I still question if I have made the right choice... But today I am happy and thankful :)

Here are a few pictures from our walk:


my hubby


No comments:

Post a Comment