Tuesday 28 June 2011

June 28/11 - First day back to work/first day of purees

I am two weeks post op today, and I went back to work. I honestly thought it wasn't going to be that bad.  I work in a tattoo shop and and its pretty laid back but its harder than I thought it was going to be.  I do have someone there to help and do all of the hard work... so all I have to do is pierce and answer the questions that he doesn't know, but it was still really tiring.  I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow :)

I also started my purees.  I bought a magic bullet and pre made my meals for the next few days which helped a lot.  Everything went down ok, but I definitely felt full pretty quick.  I had a poached egg and 2 TBSP of pureed peaches for breakfast,  3 TBSP of chickpeas mixed with garlic (homemade hummus lol) with 2 pieces of multigrain Melba toast for lunch.. and then 4 TBSP of pureed chicken(mixed with a bit of cream of chicken soup) and 2 TBSP of pureed carrots and potatoes for dinner... which I couldn't finish.  Its so funny to think that that small amount could fill me now where just over a month ago I could finish two large bowls of Sheppard's pie in one sitting!!!!

I haven't checked my weight in a few days now... I really don't want to be one of those people who check the scale everyday.. multiple times!  But I am curious to see how I'm doing... I think Ill wait till Saturday.. maybe check it by weekly .. Ill keep you posted of course!

Heading to my first BBQ/Fire this Friday for Canada Day... and I'm nervous.  I don't really want to bring my pureed food there and have to explain to everyone... nor do I really want to sit and watch everyone eating burgers and macaroni salads in front of me. I might try to convince my husband to go after dinner... so I can avoid it.  I don't think I'm ready yet.

I go back to see Dr. Hagen on July 7th, and then in for my one month check up on July 15th... Ill let you know how I'm doing at that time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment