Saturday 28 January 2012

Jan 23/12 - A little less of me

Today was a Very long day. I've never been so glad to be home!  (I'm a little loopy so forgive me if I repeat myself or don't make sense!)

We left this morning at 7am (after a not so good sleep... Even though I knew I would be fine I was pretty anxious) We made it to the hospital in just over an hour which was great considering there was traffic and an accident!

When we got there they had me fill out paperwork and wait. Then they had me change into my very sexy gown and hairnet and slippers. 

Which by the way fit sooo much better than the one I had to wear 7 months ago that didn't even do up!  Then we had to wait some more. I was called in to have my IV put in (hurt like hell this time) 

back to the waiting room to wait some more... I didn't end up going to the operating room till almost noon so it was a long anxious wait!

There is nothing more scary to me than lying in an operating room waiting to be put to sleep. I've had to do it 3 times and I really hope not again for a long time!  When they finally gave me the goods... I was out like a light within seconds!

Bye Bye Gallbladder!!!

It's the weirdest feeling waking up from the surgery. Being in a different place... Feeling like you just closed your eyes... And being in the most excruciating pain of my life. It was a very similar experience to when I had my Bypass.  It hurt so much under my ribs, in my back and in my right shoulder. I know it was just gas from them expanding my insides but it's a horrible feeling!  They gave me 3 injections of morphine and a few hits of gravol before it became tolerable.

After about an hour they sent me upstairs to the recovery room. I was sooo sleepy!  I've never wanted to sleep so much in my life!  

I was really surprised that they had to make 4 incisions... I was only expecting 2. I wish they could've used some of my existing scars but they didn't so now I have 11 scars on my belly... Connect the dots anyone?


The nurses were all very nice and I always appreciate what they do for me BUT there is a time and a place to check out and ask about my tattoos and that was NOT it. 

I had 4 different nurses pull at my nightgown, lift my blankets, move my arms and twist my legs just to get a better look at my tattoos and I was too sore to even try to stop them. I know people are curious about my tattoos and I don't usually mind... It's to be expected when you have a lot but REALLY?  I was on the verge of tears I was so frustrated. I wanted to get out of there ASAP!  I was in quite a bit of pain... More so discomfort but I was surprised at how I felt compared to the last time!  (the crazy amounts of drugs they pumped into me may have had a bit to do with it!) but being able to get up, go to the bathroom and get dressed without dying from pain was pretty awesome !!!

It was a pretty hard ride home but my mom was awesome to try to make it as comfortable as possible!  I can't thank my mom enough for being there for me today... It means sooo much to me that she made the long trip down just for the day and have to turn around and head right home after...  She's amazing and I'm so grateful to have her in my life. 

So now I'm home, and I have my wonderful husband waiting on me hand and foot...  I'm a super lucky girl to have him!  I'm hurting pretty bad right now but I know it could be worse and I'm sure I'll be feeling as good as new in a few days.  I'm glad it's over and I guess I can just chalk it up to another adventure on my WLS journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment