Thursday 5 January 2012

Jan 5/12 - A trying month!

December was a really trying month for me.  My whole family ended up getting that horrible flu that was going around.  My daughter had pneumonia, my husband ended up with a chest infection and I had the stomach flu and a wicked cough.  I got to the point where I couldn't eat because I was throwing up so much, and then when I got to the point that I could eat, nothing would stay down because I had gone so long without food. 


The doctor ended up putting me back on liquids for about a week, and that is what ended up pushing me over my 100 pound loss.  So it wasn't necessarily a bad thing!


Unfortunately, not being able to go to the gym for almost two weeks was.  I tried a few times to go back early but I would get half way through my work out and have a coughing fit!  Then they were closed way to much over Christmas and New Years in my opinion.


I really tried to stay away from Christmas goodies, but I may have had a nibble here and there... and I may have paid for it... here and there.  Was it worth it... No.  But it was Christmas!  And boy am I ever glad it is over!


Now I'm so happy to be back into my routine, back to the gym 5 days a week, back taking my vitamins everyday (thankfully I switched to vitamins that I can swallow because the chewable ones were just awful and I admittedly skipped more than I took lately.)










That is what I take in a week... A lot less then when I was having to take the chewables!!!!!


Ive only lost about 8 pounds in the last month... my weight loss had slowed.. as I knew it would.. but I really think I would have lost more if I had been able to be consistent at the gym and if it wasn't for those darn Christmas goodies!


My new years resolution was to have more self discipline. I'm trying so hard.. but its not always so easy... my gastric bypass is just a tool... I still have to use it right!


Here I am today... a third of who I was 7 months ago!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment